Monday 7 October 2013

Ring Boxes

I decided on ring boxes over ring pillows as I can DIY up something unique and we will always have somewhere safe to keep our rings if we're not wearing them.  Lance is an electrician and will only be able to wear his ring when he's not working... Work hazard or something like that... Bah!  My box will go unused for the most part, but it'll still look pretty as a set!

Here are the two finished boxes

 And the inside view.

I still need to make little satin pillows with tie-up ribbons for the inside, but Lance decided to tell me that he doesn't like the purple color and wants me to re-do them.  It's a bloody good thing that I love him.  So... Now I have these two little ring boxes that will have to find another home, and I'm starting on making a couple of new ones.  The new boxes are more square, and I've already started painting them, and this time I think I'll stamp the words on the top rather than try to paint them, as I'm shaky with a paint brush at the best of times!  New pics to come soon!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment