Thursday 7 March 2013

Wish Bracelet Favors

I wanted something different for my table favors.  Something handmade, something that people would actually take home with them rather than leave on the table for me to toss out.  I remembered seeing a wish necklace on a friend years ago and the story went something like "you make a wish when you tie on the string, and when it wears out and falls off, the wish is supposed to come true".  Perfect!

I went to town online and started looking up different wish necklaces.  Many were just a bead on a piece of hemp string.  Some were even just a knotted piece of hemp string.






Not good enough!  A little eBay snooping later, and look at these gems!!!

Silver Infinity Charms
Do you know how much it cost me for 200 of these babes?  $25!!!  That was including shipping, and they're led-free!  Win-Win!  I cut 2 lengths of hemp string for each charm, and this is what I got... So all-in-all, the cost for 150 table favors should be around $60.00  Can't argue with that!  

Pretty cute, aren't they?

Now to set a date and then I can make the cards for these to go on, which means that I have 2 years to come up with a better poem than the one that everyone else has used!  

Do you like them? 
Would you make sure you took one home, even to give to someone else?
Do you have any ideas for a better poem? 
Do you like the shameless angle I took my picture so you could kinda see my engagement ring?  :)


<3 Marie





No comments:

Post a Comment