Monday 23 September 2013

A Brides Rant!!!

I have been engaged for exactly 273 days, and I am officially "pinned out"!

When I first became engaged I decided to be super sleuth and create a secret board for all my wedding inspired pinnables, but as that became out of hand I graduated myself to a whole new fake Pinterest account.  This was a place that I could pin freely without any of my friends seeing every pin and wondering if I was going to somehow incorporate that into my wedding for the ultimate Pinterest-Inspired wedding.  I pinned day and night!  If I couldn't sleep, I'd be perusing for unique ideas or decorations.  I found myself pinning at every moment I could.  And what did I discover?

Every bride wants the same thing.

We all want a unique never-been-seen-before wedding filled with cutesy mason jars, cowboy-boot wearing brides and bridesmaids, groomsmen adorned in super-hero cufflinks, shirts, and socks, pictures of the groomsmen fawning over the ring in a girly fashion, secret vows whispered to each other, twinkling lights strung throughout a barn, personalized wire-wrapped coathangers ... Well guess what, Ladies... It's all been done before... and done, and done, and done.

Pinterest is ruined for me.

Don't worry, I still love going there and poking around, but you won't find my wedding filled with the whimsy of a Pinterest wedding (with the exception of the backdrop photobooth... I am soooooo doing that!), but rather an inspired collaboration of all things wedding-y.

I have stopped pinning each and every idea that I think of to Pinterest, but rather to a folder on my computer that I won't be sharing until after my wedding so that no one can accuse me of having another cookie-cutter, burlap-wrapped,  bedazzled flip-flop wedding!


I have also decided to ixnay a chandelier above my washer & dryer!


No comments:

Post a Comment